Welcome to Heart Jewel Centre
Meditation & Modern Buddhism
Heart Jewel Kadampa Buddhist Centre was established in November 2007 by the fully qualified meditation master, Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso. It is a registered charity (1124913) aiming to promote meditation and other Buddhist practices in modern society in order to increase happiness and well-being..
Located in the heart of the beautiful Derbyshire Dales, the Centre provides a peaceful and inspiring environment dedicated to inner and outer peace where anyone can visit, relax and learn about meditation and Buddhism. We also run out-reach classes in Ashbourne, Belper, Wirksworth and Chesterfield.
All our teachings are taken from the Kadmapa Buddhist Tradition, as presented by the renowned teacher, Geshe Kelsang Gyatso.
Our classes and events are open to everyone ragardless of sex, race and religion. Everyone can benefit from these classes, you don’t have to be a Buddhist.
We emphasise the practical application of meditation and mindfulness in normal daily life.
Our Programme and Benefits
The Centre offers drop-in and on-line classes, retreats, guided meditations and a weekend study programme.
There are 8 main programme areas:
- Introduction to Buddhism (Sutra and Tantra).
- Meditation & Mindfulness for Beginners.
- Positive Thinking – boosting and strengthening our good thoughts that increase peace of mind and well-being.
- Protecting Mental Health – methods to reduce and abandon our negative thoughts and emotions such as anger and anxiety.
- Transforming Lives – life skills for transforming adversity and stressful situations.
- Actions for Happiness – building lives around positve actions such as generosity and patience that boost happiness and benefit others.
- Improving Relationships – building love and compassion in all our relationships, overcoming feelings of lonliness and isolation.
- In-depth Buddhism – explanation of the complete path to Enlightenment.
Looking for solutions to your daily problems?
Find Inner Peace
To meditate we need to rely upon the instructions of a fully qualified meditation teacher with a unbroken lineage going all the way back to Buddha. Today we are fortunate to have met such a teacher, Geshe Kelsang Gyatso, who has worked tirelessly to present the teachings in a way people of the modern world can practise. All the classes we run are based on his teachings. As an act of great kindness he has made available two of his ground breaking books in e-format for free. Please download these today and explore the potential of your mind to produce inner peace. For more information about Modern Buddhism and its founder click here.
Free E-Books to get you started
Enjoy a Spiritual Break
Fantastic ways to combine a well earned break with relaxation and meditation.
Keep in Touch
Heart Jewel Centre
Make Our Day – Make a Donation