Heart Jewel CentreMeditation & Mindfulness in Matlock Bath, Derbyshire
A new way of living - rooms available for rent
Heart Jewel Kadampa Buddhist Centre was established in November 2007 by the fully qualified meditation master, Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso. It is a registered charity (1124913) aiming to promote meditation and other Buddhist practices in modern society in order to increase happiness and well-being..
Located in the heart of the beautiful Derbyshire Dales, the Centre provides a peaceful and inspiring environment dedicated to inner and outer peace where anyone can visit, relax and learn about meditation and Buddhism. We also run out-reach classes in Ashbourne, Belper, Wirksworth and Chesterfield.
All our teachings are taken from the Kadmapa Buddhist Tradition, as presented by the renowned teacher, Geshe Kelsang Gyatso.
Our classes and events are open to everyone ragardless of sex, race and religion. Everyone can benefit from these classes, you don’t have to be a Buddhist.
We emphasise the practical application of meditation and mindfulness in normal daily life.
Our Programme and Benefits
Our programme offers drop-in classes (ideal for beginners); courses and events; retreats (unguided and guided) and weekend study classes (enrolment required).
There are 8 main programme areas:
- Introduction to Buddhism (Sutra and Tantra).
- Meditation & Mindfulness for Beginners.
- Positive Thinking – boosting and strengthening our good thoughts that increase peace of mind and well-being.
- Protecting Mental Health – methods to reduce and abandon our negative thoughts and emotions such as anger and anxiety.
- Transforming Lives – life skills for transforming adversity and stressful situations so as to prevent harm and unhappiness. How to respond wisely and peacefully to all difficulties.
- Actions for Happiness – building lives around positve actions such as generosity and patience that boost happiness and benefit others.
- Improving Relationships – building love and compassion in all our relationships, overcoming feelings of lonliness and isolation.
- In-depth Buddhism – explanation of the complete path to Enlightenment.
The practice of meditation and mindfulness will make the mind peaceful and positive. If our mind is peaceful we shall be free from worries and mental discomfort, and so we shall experience true happiness.
By improving and controlling our mind it is possible to experience a positive mind, without having to depend at all upon external conditions.
The feeling of contentment and well-being will help us cope with the busyness and problems of daily life. We shall naturally feel warm and well disposed towards others, and our relationships with others will gradually improve.
Up-coming events to end the week on a natural high
6th – 8th and 13th – 15th January 2020
Encourage your self to have a less ordinary year by engaging in 6 simple daily practices to make the new year feel really exceptional.
Saturday 14th March 2020
Inspiring heartfelt advice from the renowned meditation master, Geshe Kelsang Gyatso, on how to engage successfully in daily meditation and spiritual practice
Looking for solutions to your daily problems?
Find Inner Peace
To meditate we need to rely upon the instructions of a fully qualified meditation teacher with a unbroken lineage going all the way back to Buddha. Today we are fortunate to have met such a teacher, Geshe Kelsang Gyatso, who has worked tirelessly to present the teachings in a way people of the modern world can practise. All the classes we run are based on his teachings. As an act of great kindness he has made available two of his ground breaking books in e-format for free. Please download these today and explore the potential of your mind to produce inner peace. For more information about Modern Buddhism and its founder click here.
Free E-Books to get you started
Enjoy a Spiritual Break
Fantastic ways to combine a well earned break with relaxation and meditation.
Keep in TouchSubscribe to our e-Newsletter
Heart Jewel Centre
Make Our Day – Make a Donation