A fresh perspective on life
A 2 week course – Tuesdays 7.00 – 8.15pm
Emerging from the pandemic gives us the opportunity to reflect on the direction our life is taking, about what really matters and what makes our life meaningful. Maybe we want to move in a new direction, and be more clear about what we wish to change.
In this 2 week meditation course learn how you can rely on meditation and Buddhist wisdom to create a renewed sense of purpose and meaning.
“By meditating on the great value and rarity of our precious human life we will develop a spontaneous and continuous desire to take full advantage of it.”
Geshe Kelsang Gyatso
5th Oct – Week 1: Seeing our life as precious
12th Oct – Week 2: The importance of our actions
Attending & booking
£10/ 2 week course (pre-book), or £7/class drop in
Alternatively you can purchase a Centre Card for £20/month (you can cancel anytime) which gives you free access to weekday classes.
Friends Meeting House
27 Ashgate Road
The general structure of the class:
- The classes are organised as short courses
- You can attend the whole course or simply drop in whenever you can as each class is also self-contained
- The class starts with a relaxing guided breathing meditation
- There follows a practical teaching on meditation and aspects of positive thinking
- 2nd guided meditation
- Advise on how to put the teachings into practise in daily life.